Saturday, October 24, 2015

THE MAGIC LAUNDRY Stories by Jacob M. Appel



I became a fan when I read the short story collection "Einstein's Beach House", and this collection solidified my position as a follower! This anthology is supposed to make you ponder what you would do in similar circumstances, and while I can't imagine myself in these particular situations, to some degree I found myself wondering. The subjects of these stories we quite varied; we have a daughter bringing home from college a stolen baboon, a couple who meets at a group grief meeting, a man seeking acceptance through social discord, a flasher set on revenge, a coin-laundry with machines apparently infused with magical powers, cancer and the loss of a son, a long overdue meeting, and the abduction of a baby by a tiger... but there are twists to each tale! What would you do? Pick up a copy and decide for yourself... you'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment