Monday, August 24, 2015

I TRULY LAMENT by Mathias B. Freese



I’ve read many stories about WWII, the Nazis, and the Holocaust. I’ve read a lot of horror and crime novels. I enjoy disturbing stories. That said, I Truly Lament is one of the most disturbing collections of stories I’ve ever read. We should be disturbed by the Holocaust , but some of these stories take that to a whole new level. I’m not an overly religious person either, but even found some of the religious references quite extreme for me… I understand these feelings given the circumstances however.
Taking the above into account, I must say these stories are well written. They will make you think. They will make you understand just how horrible we humans can treat one another. They will make you wish this was all fiction, with no basis in history! This book does everything a good collection of stories should, it takes you to another place and time… and that need not always be pleasant.
By all means, get a copy and read these stories. But, I’m sure somewhere within the pages you will find yourself offended in some way.


No comments:

Post a Comment